Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Liam's Baptism - December 26, 2008

During our visit to Massachusetts, we thought it would be nice to have Liam baptized at Tad's mother's church, Holy Name, in Holyoke, MA. The baptism took place on December 26 at 6:15 P.M. It was a very cold night!! The picture below shows Liam's godparent's, Tad's sister Vicki and her husband Jon. The blur in Tad's arm is Little Tad. By his behavior, he may have needed to be baptized again. He wanted to go up on the alter and see the nativity scene or baby as he called it.
Liam didn't love the water being poured on his head, but didn't get too upset.
This is the bib that Vicki's son, Joseph, used at his baptism. It is being saved for the next Boryczka baptism.
The group with Father Darcy.
Afterwards we went back to Tad's mom's house to have dinner with the family. On the couch is Tad and Liam's great grandmother Bachi.
I ordered all the food over the phone from AL before we arrived. I was suspicious that the cake lady did not understand Liam's name. I would say his name and spell it several times and she kept saying something else. I said no - Liam. She said oh I am just saying it the real way. I was like O.K. LIAM. So when I went to pick up the cake of course it was spelled wrong. It was spelled LOEON. At first I thought it said Leon, and that actually might have been funny to leave on his cake - no offense to the Leon's out there. They were able to scrape it off and rewrite his name. The cake and the food were really good, so that is all that matters to me!!

No comments: